8/20/2018

Horn grills are done

Yeah, not much but at least somethin' has happened again. I cut the grillholes to their original shape, look fine.


8/06/2018

One more tiny step further

The last two days we placed the shims between the door hinges, the result is more or less acceptable, we also adjusted the doors with the aforementioned "tight the bolts right" game. I think we cannot do more with 'em in the current set.

Also spent some time on the dashboard and the interior, it was rather a try to fit some shit and see it still ok or not. So we put the seats in and surprice, surprice they are fit well.

My brother start to get all the necessary stuffs to put the putty on!




This door is fearly ok, the top is a bit out on this pic but was adjusted.
The left one tho...

The left taillight is a bit too low, we need to reset the holes on fender too

The horn grills are still waiting to be cut...

7/24/2018

After a long weekend

A little progress again, we had had a long weekend lately to spend on the bug. We fit the fender beading on and adjusted the fenders to their final positions, also set on the molding set and adjusted them to fit to the body. Right after these we have faced with our nemesis, the door gaps. As first we put the chassis back on the pan without putting the pan bolts on. Only the front two and rear four 10 bolts been set on without the rubber pads. To adjust the doors we have started to play with these bolts, the more you tighten the front ones the more of the upper part of the doors go down, while if the rear four ones pulled down, the back end of the chassis pulled downward. It still just the beginning of these adjustments since the passenger door also has to go backwards, therefor a few custom shims been created.

Beading are on and fenders line up with the body

Beading are on at the front too and the molding and mirrors as well. The horn grill holes are still waiting to be cut to their original shape.

6/05/2018

Countless hours spent yet not much visible progress

We put a whole weekend into the bodywork again, yet the result does not reflect it at all. Unfortunately small gaps, miss-configurations killing us time to time. Just to adjust the deck lid into a somewhat acceptable position we spent an entire day. Anyway at least it is open-able and has even gaps around, still needs to adjust a bit once the sealing is installed. Next step is the door gap setup, that will be hell of a ride at the right side for sure.

Also a couple of parts been landed at the garage so we put an European setup to the bumpers and tried out the running board trims.








5/02/2018

Weekend progress

We had had a valuable time spent on working on the bug chassis. The lines are getting better yet the end is still far.





These taillights aren't even yet.

4/11/2018

Some update

So what has happened in the last one year? 
We decided that we are gonna handle everything ourselves, we cut off the dependencies to others. We got really sick to wait for people who over promise yet under deliver. So as first thing to do we took care of the body, my brother has spent countless hours to make the metals shape as a VW. We shall continue this work in this year and make the car ready to paint. These works are gonna done by us too. Unfortunately we also have to do some metal work, yet we are lack of the necessary experience and knowledge, here I see some gap in our plan. Nevertheless the final plan takes shape too, the finishing is gonna be "hot-rod flatz" and we skip the renewing of upholstery. 

As warm weather arrived we also head to the garage and work on this beast. We given a deadline to us: this autumn the car must roll, regardless of any circumstances!

As we put the body to sleep at end of last autumn. (yeah that door is hanging ugly we know ;) )


Stay tuned, updates are coming!