8/20/2022

The interior is painted!

    So this moment finally has came. Hard to belive that we are reached this phase after a so lengthy and painfull journey! The interior, trunk and engine bay are painted along with some small parts (dashboard grills, tail light housing, radio plate off, etc.). I could not resist to put together the snowflakes immediately, they look stunning in their shiny new coat and with nos Hella lenses together with rechromed rings and brand new bearings! 

    Next is the rest of the body, the car is going to be delivered soon to the painting chamber where it will get the final twicking and preparation and of course the finishing coats as well. It won't be a show and shine car for sure, the body work would not let us to get to that level, probably it won't win any prize or praise, but fuck it, let it be usable and fun even with its many issues and ugly details. 

    Once the paintjob will have been done we would deliver the pan to a shop to get a refurbinished break system (it got old and drain during the long stand by period) as well as the periodically accurate chromed pedals, painted gearshifter and handbreak. 








7/10/2022

2022

I didn't post for a long time, again. The reason to keep such a long period between two posts does not root in laziness or lack of progress. It is rather just caused by lack of time, energy and actual photoes. I'm gonna try to share more often and with actually interesting content I promise. 

Now, for this post, I brought some pictures of the body which getting into shape nicely. I finished some interior issues and some fixes been carried out too. It's now waiting the final touch and the paint. The rest still needs some care and love but only some minor things are left out before it can get the finish.

The first cans of paint are already ordered, quiet exciting even to think to see it in color for after such a long and painful wait! 






9/27/2021

On the way to the paint shop

 In the last couple of moth a logistic battle been fought. The body had to be delivered to the body shop within a rather narrow time window then again transfer it back just in time for the painter to could start the painting job. The final touch on the body been carried out by the same professional as last year's fender fixes, the result is quiet impressive and nice. Finally the chassis was in a ready state for the paint preparation, all the unnecessary holes been fixed as well as the right corner window and the B pillar then the jack clip been mounted to its place too.
Right now the painter is preparing the body for the color finish, the painting chamber is booked and the logistic is planned with it. Hard to believe that after so many years of shooting the shit this is finally happening! 

Stay tuned! 







5/31/2021

Project restart and status report

 Many shit has happened since the last post both locally and globally. Let's start with the positive things, the formerly mentioned, personal issue had been fixed and the family has come out from the situation stronger than ever. Hopefully not again we will face with such a challenge! Then after the covid19 global shitstorm has risen and lasts still. There were periods when I did not even leave the house for weeks and did not have a personal conversation with an other human being. What a fucked up year and a half we have behind us! To top it I moved to abroad and limited myself in traveling even further, probably the worst time to chose for an adventure :D 

Anyway as of now I can see a bit more clearly and bravely can say that some progress is on the making. Last year my father had managed the fixing of the fenders, two brand new light buckets been installed and some minor fixes been carried out. Now the headlights can be fittend into the fenders without any issue. The body has five-six tiny issues what need to be resolved in the bodyshop, then the preparation for painting can start. I have high hopes for doing it in the next weeks so the painting can happen in early autumn. Fingers crossed!





9/25/2018

Temporary build break

Unfortunately the weather and some other, rather personal unforeseen things blocked us from further development of the bug so we put it on hold for the winter. Most probably we will be able to proceed with some minor things in the coming weeks but nothing serious tho. I am still waiting for some tools and parts too. Anyway I am satisfied with the year behind us, we did more on the bug than anybody in the last three years. To be continued.