Unfortunately the weather and some other, rather personal unforeseen things blocked us from further development of the bug so we put it on hold for the winter. Most probably we will be able to proceed with some minor things in the coming weeks but nothing serious tho. I am still waiting for some tools and parts too. Anyway I am satisfied with the year behind us, we did more on the bug than anybody in the last three years. To be continued.
Did not have much time to spend on the bug, but tried to make some progress. I have read about a method of chrome cleaning with steel wool and coke. I was a bit skeptic, yet could not loose much besides a few hours of diving in coke. So I picked up the front bumper and soaked a piece of wool in coke, rub and rub and rub until the result became surprisingly good and it was the dirtier one, the rear bumper will be even better I suspect.
After the process
As the bumper "shined" before we start